Monday, June 30, 2003

A moment of silence for Kate



....


Katherine Hepburn, dead at 96. World mourns. Kudos to you Katie! You were an inspiration, a goddess and an ass-kicking chick at a time when it didn't exactly pay to be different. Rest in Peace. You rock!



Well, it would appear that our little Angel became a man last night! We are just sooo proud. I don't have all the details yet because someone has yet to call me (probably still all snuggled up cute mongst the sweat-stained "love-sheets") {heart}.... yay! Good going! Nicely done and all that. And, also, while I'm on the subject and because someone asked, the background on the two boys who are rather suddenly in my life is as follows:

A long time ago when I was a tweenie living in Albu-turkey, New Mexico (yes, we have the same money) we lived in a house in the Heights (which, for those of you not from ABQ, is where the upper-middle class folks lived. We lasted about two years before moving to the South Valley where the hair was bigger and everybody had a pool in their backyard; it was called the Rio Grande!) Anyway, I was friends with two sisters who lived across the street from me (they had a Barbie townhouse and two parents. I was a bit put off by the sheer excess of this arrangement but live and let live, I say.) These sisters and I spent a whole lot of time running away from their bratty, snot-nosed, little brother who was, I think, 3 or 4 years old and who spent all his time trying to put his filthy, grubby little kid hands all over our stuff. Long story short, we moved. I lost track of the sisters.

About a year ago my mom ran into one of them and mentioned that I was a big rock star/web designer/ theatre critic/ doing Something-with-computers out here in Cali and passed along my digits. Fast forward to three or four months ago, I'm minding my own biz-ness when suddenly, from out-of-the-blue, as they like to say, these two 20-somethings sashay into my life armed only with skateboards and scraps of paper with some kind of mostly illegible writing on them. I'm the only one they could track down (Yay, me!) so it has since become my joy and my burden to shepard these youth as they traverse the modern Gomorrah, making sure that they bypass actual harm while still managing to have as much fun as is humanly possible and to get laid a lot! Now, those of you paying attention might by now have put two and two together (like i finally did last night) and come up with the fact that technically, by screwing around with Dirty Boy I am messing with my friend's little brother which is not just wrong, it's gross. And, I gotta say, I'm right there with ya. It took me a minute to get there (I'm telling you, all the drugs are just beginning to kick in) but, rest assurex, I'm there. As far as I'm concerned this is just a big ole slippery slope and if I don't nip it in the bud now it's only a matter of time before a 20 year old Boo is screaming at me to leave her friends alone! {Shudder} K. No more of that. From this day forth I am a socially responsible, upstanding, dating-within-my-generation citizen. Promise.

No comments: