Monday, June 09, 2003

So how was *your* weekend?



My goodness, my week-end was freaking packed with things and people to do and see! To begin, I spent the day at the Play-parenting workshop at Mocha which i had fairly high expectations of but which quickly (and i suppose predictably) dissolved into every other "meet n' greet" the world of the "aware gay" has ever produced. What is it with us gay people and our need to devulge our entire life stories when asked for a simple "Tell us your name and something about yourself"?? throw in "Where you are in the process" and/or "some of your experiences with your child" and it's all over but the singing as they say. Still though, it was not a total loss. The time we were all together (with the kids) was nice. Although, I have to say, for a place that's supposedly all about children's art the "mural painting" time was alot more "directed" than I had anticipated it would be. Here's me thinking that since this was a kid produced product then maybe the kids could choose what it should look like/how it should be colored but apparently what the Directress meant by "kid-produced" was that "I tell you what to paint and you [the child] paint it. That is unless you're to small to paint within the lines at which point I'll ask you to move 'outside the space' so another, more controlled child can realize my vision." I did get a cool book though and the Scout seemed to have a good time so, it all turned out fine. (Ha! while i was looking for a link to the parenting book I came across this one which leads us to our next topic...




so, on my way out of the Mocha gig with my fifty-three children in tow, I hear my name being called and lo and behold there are three cute young dykes smiling largely at me and I have no idea who they are! Isn't that great! They don't call me Chick Magnet for nothing! anyway, I am pathetic and I suck and apparently i've met them all before and they're talking as if I remember and I'm hemming and hawing and have two squirmy babies who've just been buckled in so i throw around a few business cards and plead with them all to please "stay in touch," so we can "hang out" and it isn't until they've smiled and hugged off on thier merry way that I finally (finally) remember who the hell they are/were. Ole Blue Eyes was the current of the Aussie , CP's Ex one removed from me, if that makes any sense. The Aussie has since returned to her native clime but I gather they (she and Blue Eyes)still correspond. Hip Young Thing I met one afternoon at CP's whilst she was shooting one of her many films and the other, Serious AIDS Ride Girl I met in the company of one or the other of them a few months earlier. Why am I so lame? Second, why, whenever I meet gals of the lesbian persuation, these days, do I instantly think "I bet they'd really like T" How tortured and guilty am I that I'm still trying to fix her up with someone who won't trash her heart?? Whatever. No ladies for me, thank you very much. I am all about the babies....




Segue #2 - Speaking of which, I also found out at the get-together that the big matching meeting I was being depressed about because I hadn't heard from anybody at the agency isn't happening until this coming Wed. Fingers once again crossed, world, let's make this happen! In a fit of something I spent all day yesterday making Scout's room into a duo-kid space. I'm actually pretty excited with how it turned out although I spent way too much money at IKEA (that place is frightening, yet, still I continue to go...)

I'm soooo ready to just have that darn kid. sigh. I'm sure a huge part of it has to do with me being over work and having nothing else that really excites me about my current life (except for Scout. She always excites me. I can't think about her right now though because we're starting the new schedule and I already miss her and I'm not scheduled to see her until Thursday evening! I think I'm going to try to worm my way into their evening tonight. P'raps dinner... hmmmmm......)

Anyway, that was the week-end. Let me know how yours went (use the "talk-to-me" link at right) and I'll post it here for the world's perusal.

No comments: