Thursday, June 19, 2003

to Camp or not to Camp


This morning's dilema is as follows: I've been invited to go on a camping trip that involves canoeing to get the the campsite location. This is an organized trip and there is only one adult spot left. I can bring Boo though. The trip is four days long and relatively inexpensive.


plus-side:

  • I love camping
  • I've been needing a break for awhile now. If i don't get into a different head-space soon I will go insane
  • Chunk of time with Boo! Yay!
  • I won't be able to do alone stuff with Boo very much after the new kid gets here so the timing on this is good


    potential down-sides:

  • the canoeing part seems a bit sketchy. If it was just me I'd be fine but what if something (God, forbid) happens to the Boo and I need to get her the hell out of there? How quickly can we find help if we need it?
  • Boo is a city kid. She's gone camping before but not for extended periods of time and usually there's a Winnebago involved. I could see this being fun for her for two days but four...?
  • I only know one of the people who will be going on the trip. What if the others are health-freaks or way into R&B or nudists or something?
  • I will be expected to cook a meal for these people. (Hope they like noodles and gravy...)
  • What if it rains?

    Hmmmmm. Well, I'm going to be thinking about it all day so if anyone has any input feel free to comment.



    In other news, I was cleaning last night and I found a photo album that my Dad gave me after my Gramma (his mom) died. I'd already glanced through it once but what I didn't realize was that each little slot actually has pictures on top of other pictures! There were like 50 pictures I hadn't seen! The best one is of my Big Brother around age four sitting in the dark. All you can see are these red cowboy boots and some skinny legs. On the back my G-ma wrote "Van's favorite picture". I can't decide if I should send it to him now or wait until he's lecturing his daughters about some style matter then whip it out....
  • No comments: