Thursday, July 10, 2003

Exs in da house...!


Well, not really, but i have been thinking alot about them as a group lately. Every coupla months I send an e-mail off to the boy who taught me what truly inspired sex is supposed to feel like and he replied (surprise!) as well as sent some info on how to contact my Alaska Man so I have Exes on the brain.... By the way I didn't mean to imply that just because I was thoroughly schooled by... let's call him G, that i'm dissing those who came before [{snicker} yeah, that pun was intended]. I was always pretty into the getting nekkid and getting my mack on but, let's just say pre-G, it was mostly the chase combined with the companionship combined with the fuzzy, nuturing-type wuvums that equalled what I considered to be "decent sex". G taught me how to f*ck! and for that I will forever bow down to him. Now, I fully understand that there are other bits to a healthy relationship and props must go to my Alaska Man for showing me that I was desirable and smart and funny and worth keeping around just the way I was with no strings or conditions attached and for showing me that it's possible to break up with somebody that you love but who just isn't right for your life and have that be o.k. -- an equally laudable accomplishment even if it's not as sweat-filled. And, while I'm at it, a shout-out to Pretty Boy for pulling me out of the abyss that was my life after me and G parted ways, thanks for the support, the sweetness and the amazing boot-knocking. Also, thank you for letting me live your life for awhile while i figured out what the hell to do with mine. To CP -- what can I say -- i thought that you were going to be the "forever" one and in some respects you are just not in the way I originally imagined. You gave me my first glimpse at the heights (and depths) a truly committed relationship can get to and you helped me produce and are securely commited to raising the world's most perfect kid. For that, regardless of whatever it is that you are currently doing to annoy me, I will always appreciate you and I will continue to support you in whatever ways I can (Usually. If I have time. there's some fine print in the contract but we can go over that with the lawyers at a later date.) And lastly and mostly, my sweet T. You are one of the most intelligent, empathetic, beautiful women I've ever met. I'm amazed I got the opportunity to become a part of your life and I'm grateful for the 3+ years of unwavering support and love you showed to me and everyone in my world. Thank you. Also, I have to say for the record, that there were other folks as well who taught me a hell of a lot about loving and supporting and accepting -- Q!! -- that for some reason or another I never paired off with but for whom i will still eternally give thanks that they are willing to be a recurring character in the show that is my life. {sniff} I love you guys!!




Right, now that's that's out of the way...



Back to me! Quick fill in on the day yesterday... I had to scoot out of here mid-morning to take the Boo to a Doctor's appointment (she is fine. she's had a recurring tummy ache that we said we'd get looked at so we did. -- Very nice doc didn't find anything to be concerned about so all is good.) By the way, for any of you out there with kids, Childrens' Hospital in Oakland is the best hospital ever! Every single dealing I've had with them from the appointment desk to the advice nurse to the care clinitians has not just been good, it's been stellar!! They rock! they don't do HMO though so switch to whatever PPO your company currently offers and get over there!

So, when I got back to the office Boss #2 was all freaked out and weird about everything -- she'd been looking for me for 2 and a half hours and nobody knew where I was! My timesheet was completey screwed up! The accountant back at home office was breathing down her neck and ready to kill me if we didn't get this huge freaking problem straightened out!! Whatever. Timesheet was fine, somebody in another office read it wrong (actually Boss #2, incompetent wench, could have easily figured this out since it took me -- with her standing behind me -- about three seconds to check into it) Penny (the accountant) was not "ready to kill me", to the contrary we exchanged a few e-mails later in the day about Kid #2 and Salsa dance classes furthermore I told Boss #3 where I was going before I left... why do people like her even exist?? Whatever. (Gawd, she just bugs me on such a major level! O.K. stop. breathe...)

Heard from Caseworker about my darling Rosemary. He faxed my homestudy over to SF DCP (Rosemary's caseworker is named David Lee so if anybody knows him call him up and tell him what a great person I am and how totally able I am to provide this kid with the best life ever! Don't tell him about the trysts with twenty-somethings and the late nights with Lyle, though. That'll be our little secret...)

Anyways, I think that's essentially that. Was pissy due to B-2 annoyance factor but all-in-all had a fairly productive day. Get to see my kid tonight, so that pretty much ensures a fabulous mood all day today... we'll see though, B-2 just popped her head up and glanced over here so i'm sure she's just figured out a new way to goad me into killing her....

No comments: