Thursday, August 14, 2003

TEH UPDAET FOR 2DAY IS IM STIL SIK11!1 OMG WTF


Thanks to The English-to-12-Year-Old-AOLer Translator for translating my standard bitchy, whine re: sick, tired, etc. into "Tween-speak"! We wuv!

k. so... that's it really. still sick. (flu/cold - damn you, DB!!).... Stayed home yesterday which was nice in a snotty-fairly-constant-blowing-of-the-nose kind of way....

oh! wait! That is NOT it! two very important bits of occurence did occur yesterday -- first and most important was the offering by Caseworker of a second potential Sis-for-Boo's file for my perusal. This lovely little girl is 3.5 y.o. and seems completely stellar. She is, however, already quite grown up and we've (me and the Boo) had a number of conversations in which we agreed that the way coolest part of her big sister-ness was that she gets to be the "big kid" (kind of offsets the crappy part of no longer having your room to yourself, no longer having your mom's undivided attention and having everyone in existence suddenly thinking the baby is cuter than you). Not that the 3.5 yo is huge or anything but there's a very good chance she will outgrow Miss Boo in the next year or so... which might be fine. I dunno. We're going to discuss tonight.

Other weirdness about this case is that this is one of the kids that is embroiled in the "high profile" case currently being addressed at SF County meaning that this kid is essentially the reason Rosemary's caseworker hasn't been able to devote any time to that case... I dunno, I told my Caseworker that the whole thing feels a little
"conflict-of-interest"-ey since I'd obviously prefer Rosemary but noone is going to work on getting her placed until after 3.5 yo is sorted out and I happen to be one of the potential solutions in 3.5 case which logically (to me at least, I'm not getting the sense anyone else sees the problem) kind of takes me out of the Rosemary pool...It's all very odd... The word "compartmentalize" was thrown about a bit in terms of what I am supposed to be doing re: these two girls but since what we're talking about are actual human persons and that this concerns the rest of our lives, i'm kinda thinking it's not such a great idea to try to "narrow my focus"... {sigh} Ever feel like you're completely missing something...?



Second noteworthy thing would be my truck. I need to get it smogged and registered. I was driving it to smog place yesterday when I notice "check engine" light is once again on. (It comes and goes.) Nice smog man tells me that he cannot do the smog check while light is on. I take truck to reasonable mechanic who tells me he cannot fix light because it has "something to do with the emissions system" and apparently the someone has to "check the computer it has inside it" so I then took it to the dealership where I was informed that it will cost 156.00 to "put it on the machine" to diagnose the problem after which I will get a call re how much it will cost to fix. Oh and BTW my warranty expired THREE days ago... (!!) So, then, let's re-cap shall we? I need to pay my registration (93.00) which requires a smog check (54.00+certificate) which means I need to get "check engine" light diagnosed (156.00) and fixed ($$$$$!) meaning that i'm looking at 4-500.00 due in full by the end of this month in order to continue legally driving to work. In the words on our Twelve-year-old AOL friends -- WTF??!!

No comments: