Monday, October 13, 2003

First off...


Let me just say this -- me. Lyle. 8:00. tonight. {shhrrriiiiieeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!} Eh, hem. Now then...

Kid is here with me today which is GREAT! How fun is it having your Bub with you at work?? Pretty damn I'd have to say! We were informed that I was expected to come in today despite the fact that the persons I work directly with/under are off celebrating this glorious divesting-of-the-Native-Peoples-from-their-land Day. Whatever. I'm sneaking out early, F*** em if they can't take a ... er... absence? K. sorry, moving on...




Got a request from a regular reader for a "cooler nickname" which of course pre-supposes a number of things not the least of which being that one or more of the other names I have for people are cool/actually thought out. Still and all though, not willing to risk fisticuffs over this one (primarily because she looks easy going but trust me, she's way scrappy...!) so after much thought I think I'm going to go with the "X-Factor".

Reasons are as follows:

  • We have a weird relationship, me and her. We know each other. We like each other. She lives FIVE freaking giant steps away from me but still and all, i know almost nothing about her that wasn't told to me by her blog/her ex/our mutual buddy SAH so, given that she's my resident woman of mystery, it seems pretty apt
  • I seem to recall she was a HUGE fan of the now defunct X-files and I'm sure she likes the X-men as well (I know, stretching, but we do what we can with what we are given...)
  • Even though she's seldom actually present in my life, it's eery how many times I end up at a gathering where she is in some way referenced. Weird, i tell ya!

    So, there we have it! X-Factor (X-Fact has got a mate who'll I'll no doubt have to come up with something for as well but I've exhausted the creative-spark assigned to this post so it'll have to wait....) Big shout out to X-Factor, thanks for the impromtu watchage of my kid. I, myself, never get tired of the Boo but she sure does get tired of me. Thanks to both of you for being so accomodating!



    Last and certainly never least (although I probably should have covered this BEFORE I used up my interesting vibe, ah well...) a big old THANK-YOU to Mistah Lovah-Lovah, Miss K and Miss S who were so very kind as to invite myself and the little one to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with them on Sat. eve! The food was fabulous! (And so pretty!!) Now, those of you who know me know I'm THE world's pickiest eater but I gots ta say, those gals served up some tasty food! Turkey, roast potatoes with garlic, mashed 'tates, yams -- Yum! No wonder Mr. L-L is getting so fat!

    K. I'm outtie. Gonna pretend to work, now so I can justify getting really pissy tomorrow about how I had to come in to WORK today!

  • No comments: