Friday, October 10, 2003

Sheesh...!


I was completely blindsided by the parental units at Boo's school today. Man, they were coming at me from all sides... "Is Boo going to be able to make it to Shaleta's birthday party tomorrow?", "Do you have your giftwrap sales paperwork with a check made out to...?", "Hi! We're new and our daughter loves your kid and we want to set up a playdate! [note: During this particular incursion, I also had Boo standing there giving me the "Um, mom, THAT'S the girl I was telling you about who I can NOT stand!!" look] Chick: Um, yeah, sorry, we're not really doing playdates right this second because my schedule's just so... well, YOU know how it is...! [I gots my Baby's back!]", Can Boo come to Randy's party next Saturday?", "Can I talk to you about the dance class our kids are in...?", "Can I give you a ride to BART???" I mean, My Gawd, people!!! We are just a couple of tiny problemsolvers in a vast world of issues. Damn you, eerily passed on to our offspring unbelievably charismatic personality traits!! (Ha! sorry. I just really wnted to see that last bit in writing.) O.k. I'm better now. Off to meet with the masses re: some work thing that I'm ill-prepared to address effectively (thank GAWD I've got the world's most talented team of people working with me, otherwise I'd be ska-rewed!)



Oh, and I also wanted to say a great big Thanks! to my beautiful Professor K. for advocating on my behalf with the powers that be at the school and getting them to not only alow my petition for special study but also to waive the late fee usually associated with such random flights of nonsense. We wuv! K. off now. more later maybe. We'll just have to see...

No comments: