Thursday, November 20, 2003

Jeanine Garofalo naked!!!!


Have I mentioned how much I like Ms. Garofalo? This morning, for some reason which I have not yet figured out, I found myself thinking "hmmmmm, haven't heard from Ms. Garofalo in a bit, wonder what she's up to?" I then did a quickey web search and came across

an interview with Eddie Vedder

and this site which is penned by some guy and which interestingly enough, has nothing to do with Jeanine Garofalo but upon which he posted, as a kind of litmus test the following phrases:

Jeanine Garofalo naked

Jeanine Garofalo nude

Jeanine Garofalo pics

just to see what kind of traffic he'd pull in. I don't know about you but I find this fascinating... (I mean, he pulled me right?) That plus the fact that he sounds like my cousin in Minnesota (which is not bad; just very, very, STRAIGHT)... Anyway, moving along...




The girl I like has this to say about orchestras:

I love orchestra, it's my favorite because I feel like I can actually let go of all my self-conscious hangups and just enjoy music, enjoy contributing to something much larger than just my instrument, something that makes sense on a broader deeper level.



O.K. now I bring this up because part of the reason I am so freaking fascinated by her is because she is honestly in love with something I know nothing about. I mean, this is her life -- music. Not just music but orchestral music. Well, it's not her entire life (at least I assume) but still... I dunno, I just think it's pretty phenomenal to be young and talented and finding real holistic beauty in something that is not specifically packaged, aimed at, marketed toward, whathaveyou, "youth today". K. sorry, i'm sensing that this whole post is going to be kind of rambley but what're ya gonna do? No, seriously... What.are.you.gonna.do??!




Last and probably least in all this is the fact that we're having another bake sale so I'm surrounded by mounds of sugary-goodness! mmmmmm. bake sales. Anyway, made brownies (again) and every time I go through this particular exercise I find myself thinking "Dammit, why didn't I leave half of these at home?!" This morning is no different and as I'm digging through my wallet for change so I can go buy back one of the brownies I made, I am once again forced to confront the wonder that is modern day existence in the corporate world... ah. well... c'est la vie and all of that...

No comments: