Monday, November 17, 2003

Whew!


That was hairy! Meetings all morning and more this afternoon. Sheesh! Anyways, week-end was splendid! I had several hot dates (mostly with very small children) which was great! Took the eldest of the B children to see Boo's movie then met up betwixt and between with the ever-fabulous Travelin' Man who's freshly back from "backing" around various places considered "out" who was squiring the B-Twins about town and who is my own personal repository for all great ideas vis a vis assembling things from glass/metal. (Mr. TM also brought me back THE WORLD'S COOLEST PRESENT from Aussie-land, that...or rather those, being circular refrigerator magnets from some chicken eaterie out there with the words "Chick Magnet" emblazoned pon them. We wuv!)



O.K., quick which line of the following statement made MamaChick DIE after first dissolving into a puddle of gushy kid-love when delivered with an absolute serious face by her Boo:

Boo: A. [horrid child from school] was mean to me today.
Chick: Whad she do?
Boo: She asked me who I liked better and I said C. so she hit me.
Chick: She hit you?
Boo: Yeah. Then i tried to ask her something and she just walked away.
Chick: Well, [thinking: she hit you???! seething hatred building up, developing plans to have child arrested and/or excommunicated] I wouldn't take it personally. I don't think she's a very secure little girl.
Boo: What's "secure"?
Chick: When you feel safe and listened to and loved.
Boo: ...
Boo: I'm secure.
Chick: [Dying!] You sure are! [Still and all though that kid is toast!]

No comments: