Friday, January 16, 2004

Yay Me!


First day flying solo and the FIRST thing I do is release the html version of the newsletter (to 12,000+ people) before everything is in place that supports it! Nice! Go, me, go me... {sigh} Chick Magnet & Co. - Discovering fabulous new ways to SUCK! Anyway. Assistant is VERY nice and politely inquires as to whether or not I sent out the newsletter -- i respond "No, I don't think so." She (still polite as she frantically checks our listserv) replies "Uh, I think you did." Now, here, boys and girls is where she starts seriously questioning her continuing tenure here in Newly-Inept-Land! Huzzah! K. Sorry. It's just that I've been working all day to piece together all the random threads of my training and attempt to fix this and just when I got everything sort of figured out/fixed the Webserver went down (probably something I did) bringing down not only our sites but essentially closing the retail stores as well. (I've been assured by the IT department here that it was in fact not in any way my fault but I'm sure they're just being nice.) I repeat {sigh}............

No comments: