Friday, February 20, 2004

Rendered stupid


I am 36 years old. I am secure in my adorableness, smart, happily single, primary breadwinner for me, my cats and most of my daughter. I have a great home, a fantastic job and a way with words that dumbfounds 73% of the voting population. Why then is it that upon meeting the shockingly charismatic man that my psychotic aquaintance (mom of kid in Miss Boo's class) is seeing for the second time I am rendered dumb.

Second question. Why is a man who is warm, intelligent, Italian, committed to his daughter and obviously enamoured with children of all stripes not too mention insanely attractive dating a crazy person? That's it really. My musing for the day. Why am I such an idiot loser that all I can think to say to the beautiful man smiling at me and warmly pressing my hand between the two of his is: "Nice to meet you... [then, realizing we've met before and engaged in an extended conversation] uh... AGAIN!" Dur...! What is wrong with me?

No comments: