Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Where's the balance?


Mistah Lovah Lovah got jacked this week-end which sucks and for which I am sorry. I hate it when really stupid stuff happens to kind of decent people.

In other news The Girl I Like has opted out of our consumeristic-car-driving-fossil-fuel-guzzling-space-degrading culture. I think this is cool. By entension I think she is cool. Rock on, Little Cello Girl, you and you alone are our hope for the future. (Er...that is, at least until our little ones are grown up and ready to take over, but seriously, until then, it's all you!)




Did I mention that I am sick? Miss Bee forced me to partake of some "holistic" drug thing and now I am DYING!! At any rate. Ran into my beautiful Professor K. last night at school (I do this thing where I take the long way to class so I can walk by her office but she's never there so last night I was kinda running late so i took the short way and there she was coming down the hallway eating a cookie. sigh. I {heart} that woman.....) She just got back from N'orleans where she gave a talk on conversation. I want to be her. (And do her. Let's not forget the "do" part...) Anyways, she brought me another refrigerator magnet. NEVER let it be said that a heart cannot be solaced by a simple refrigerator magnet...! It's actually kind of funny. When I'm in a relationship with someone they can call me every day, remind me to pay my bills, buy me bikes and leather jackets for Christmas, love my kid and when all is said and done, I'll still probably be grouchy at them for forgetting that I like Shilling brown gravy not Lawry's dammit! But be a beautiful professor. Run into me randomly every few weeks , bring me fridge magnets and cool pens and I'm sooooooo all good! Weird.

No comments: