Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I'm thick!


I am dying! I am stuffy and sneezey and tired-ey... I know, I know. Poor little basically healthy, getting to play with websites all day, going to a great school and getting to "intellectually engage" with some of the finest minds in the Oakland Unified School District, mom to world's perfect-est 6 y.o., loved and supported by the world's coolest family, surrounded by a pack of buddies that are scary in thier overall perfection... blah, blah, blah... Actually. No "blah, blah." Writing that list just put me in a much better mood. Ha! go figure. At any rate, let's discuss my group last night shall we?

First, let me begin by saying one of the members of my little four person discussion group is across the board one of the most objectively, physically beautiful girls the world has ever produced. I mean this. I am convinced that 97% of the known world would recognize some hint of classical gorgeousness in this Lady's perfectly symetrical features, pearly little teeth, dark, flashing eyes, rounded smooth features and full curving body etc. And yet, I have to say, There is another lady in our group who is much more angular, sits kind of hunched over. thinner lips. A bit freckled who I would soooooooooo much rather be stranded with if you get my meaning. At any rate. We had quite a delightful discussion around The Essential Conversation vis a vis parent/teacher conferences and "authentic" connections to student work (I know, booooring but I find it kind of fascinating -- well, as fascinating as a thing can be when you're sick and coasting on two hours sleep...) and it came out that this little pack of soon-to-be teachers are somewhat terrified of talking to parents! Now, representing the other side of that coin (myself being a parent that gets all wierd and defensive at P/T confs.) I found that FASCINATING! Like whatamIgonna do? Bite you?? And if I did, how would that translate to how you'd treat my child...? anyway. interesting.



On a much sadder note, the Children are leaving me. They're off off off to join GW in the land of Bush -- Damn you Texas Man! Damn you for creeping into my Angel's life and stealing away my only connection to the up and coming generation!! Hmmmm. well. probably for the best (i don't think I was doing all that great a job raising three twenty-somethings -- the "incest" alone would have Social Services knocking on my door in at least 36 of the continental United States...!) I'll miss you guys v. much. I hope things are fabulous for you out there and that you will call and write and just generally let me know how you are. Remember, if you need ANYTHING ... call OT's dad, he's loaded!

No comments: