Monday, May 03, 2004

Not for the weak!


Hello all! How were our collective weekends? Great! Mine was fabulous as well. Well, kind of. Sat. was great. Sundee morning was fine (we went to pick up a cat trap to try to "collect" this feral kitten who is in need of some fixing and we went to get the trap from the lady who gave us our house kitties and who -- after "mothering" maybe 200 or so cats during her lifetime, STILL goes on and on and on about my charcoal kitty, Igor. I mean, he's a great cat and all but sheesh...! anyways. She's great and nice and Boo loved the fact that our cats have a "Grandma") but then I decided to do a semester's worth of laundry after which I decided to "clean" (aka move piles of crap from one spot in the house to another) which ended with both me and the child very cranky and annoyed with one another. The final straw came after we had spent about twenty minutes arguing about whether or not we should get rid of our computer monitor (CPUs going to my mom and I want to put the laptop in it's place but Boo is, for some reason, inordinately attached to the idea that the monitor must stay. I have no idea what's up with that but anyway.....) then I said "I don't want to talk about it anymore." Then she said "Well, I Do!" which I have NEVER heard come out of her before and which caused me to stare at her "in a mean way" [she says. I think it was more of a "frustrated" way but whatever....] which made her flounce off to her room. When I went in to look at her she started crying and said it "felt like I didn't love her anymore." Which KILLS me so we sat in the orange chair and snuggled a bit while I triend to explain that while I wasn't always going to have patience with her I was always going to love her." to which she replied, snifling, "I wish you had patience too." {sigh} So, that's where we left it. This morning I went in to look at her adorable sleepy self and she woke up and smiled and said "Mommy, I'm glad you were pregnant with me." And I said "Why?" and she said "Because I like my life." {dying!} And, just like that, it all became good again! (She also said, "I'm sorry I was cranky last night." but that was after I gave her a cookie so it probably only half counts. ;-])




In other news, Bendy Girl is of the opinion that I should call her. Conversation as follows:

BG: You should call me.
Chick: Why?
BG: {grin, shrug} Just cause.

Keee-rist! What is it about girls, Man?? Too late though. I have given myself to celibacy and there is a VERY short list of persons for whom I would renounce mine noble pledge. [note to Lyle's people. Certain allowances are, of course, a given. Let him know that he's still free to call me whenever he's in the area.]

No comments: