Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Is it still "irony"...


If it's shown "edited for content" on network TV all chopped up to make room for 47 minutes worth of commercials??

K. So, mistake #1 was thinking I could "just sit down for a minute and see what was on the tube." It's not Tuesday so I know my favorite show isn't going to be there. It's not channel 9 so I know it's fairly likely going to be drivel but with a lead-in like "King of the Hill" and a few well-placed shots of Rosario Dawson -- well, let's just say I HAD to watch!

Josie and the Pussycats. The movie. Edited for network TV. Ironic commentary on pop culture starring (among others) indie queen Parker Posey or useless crap that wasn't all that outre in the first place finally realizing it's ultimate ironic moment by sheer dint of being split apart and wrapped around ads for painter's tape, Gatorade and classic Lays. I'm sorry folks. I tried. But not even Rosario could save this ship from going down! Mmmmmmmmmm.... Rosario Dawson going down......

No comments: