Monday, October 17, 2005

I'm a mess...


My finger hurts, my foot/ankle hurts, my head hurts. I was up all night responding to the freaked-out energy in my house (little random puffs of mojo-gone-wild freaking out my cats and giving the baby bad dreams. -- K. just told me there's an earthquake on the way so that's probably what's going on...) Ran into a dear old friend, practically literally, on the Bay Bridge on Sunday. We did that thing that I HATE when people do where you try to have some sort of conversation through your open windows simultaneously slowing down both lanes while shouting "I thought you were gone!" over chick in the passenger seat who's trying to look all pleasant and o.k. with everything/trying not to die. Good times! So, this week-end my big girl suddenly announces (as i'm getting supper ready, getting the dishes -- which I'm not allowed to wash lest I get my stitches wet -- out of the damn way, getting the cat fed and out from under my damn feet) with some level of indignation "You've got too much to do!" Like someone other than me had orchestrated this whole thing! Hands on hips and everything. it was cute. My little champion. Then previous to this little interlude, my littlest one comes into the kitchen carefully holding BOTH of her breakfast bowls -- one in each hand not spilling any of the curlded milk left over from her morning cheerios which she has cleared off her little table in preparation for some sup-sup, and hands them to me! Who's got the best, smartest, considerate-est children ever??? Yup! Me, that's who! (Don't be jealous. Oh. o.k. go ahead, be jealous if you must... ;-])

No comments: