Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Like a fine wine...


I go well with fish! No wait. I mean, I get better with age!

Can I just say, I'm a HUGE fan of songs with the word "Baby" in them (and if it's got the word baby and it's by a certain Lyle Lovett I pretty much become a puddle of mush that must be immediately mopped into some sort of container lest some of the more important bits go missing! eh, hem.. sorry, where was I?) and since yesterday (which was my actual Birthday Proper) SUCKED (entirely due to work concerns. My friends and family and babies were unbelievably sweet actually) I found it necessary to spend a significant amount of time compiling an mp3 list of Baby-songs so I could better drown out the cacophony of "Can you explain these numbers...???!" Crap I was getting from other corners. In doing so, I realized that one of the best lines i've heard so far is: "It's alright, Baby, if I hurry I can still make Cheyenne..." crooned by the one, the only Mr. George Straight which is just cool sounding in general but in context -- well suffice to say, it pretty much rips your heart out... The second best usage comes from a song about the Revolutionary War (lyrics by Sarah Vowell. Music written and performed by Marah) and which goes thusly: "George Washington and the Marquis de Lafayette, grinned a 'Baby, it's cold outside' duet. Your hands are like ice said the Marquis to George and that was Christmas at Valley Forge!" Eh hem. Sorry. moving on.

Went this last week-end to check out a Capoeria class for the Big Girl. Super cool place. Seems like fun. She's gonna have her first class this Sat. so we'll see how she likes it.

Little big kid told me something was "cute" last night. Are we all aware how very adorable it is to have a cute litle person telling you in a v. serious voice that something else is cute???? I pretty much just died.

Recently past birthdays which I would now like to give shout-outs to include the wonderful, fabulous, fantastic Lily-Bee Cheers, Chicka, to the best 5 year old on the planet! and to the ever supportive and splendiferous (not to mention highly amusing!) Abby-Tail who I LOVE and who I wish all the best things in the entire world upon.

Lastly, private shout-out to the CP's GalPal for just being a general all-round decent person and for taking such careful care of my Boo. Thank you. You may not realize it but your continued existence in all our lives makes my row so much easier to hoe. ;-]

No comments: