Monday, June 26, 2006

Where to begin?


Let's see...

Pride week-end was fun. we ended up going to the TransMarch which was nice because it reminded me of what the Dyke march used to be like (small and alternative with tons of cute people running around making eyes at each other) I mean, it was a little "angry" but whatever. I gather what with recent events in New York and with past issues with the Michigan Women's Music Fest there were some very pertinent reasons to be mad. Since I am actively trying to return my pink satin Dyke Jacket, I felt it best to skip the dyke march (going instead to Fremont where I slipped almost immediately into a very nice boy's bed -- a move that was facilitated by the always amazing Bee family and for which I shall be eternally grateful!) then it was the parade on Sunday where my kid got to do her acrobat tricks (with the aid of the wonderful GV bookbuyer) in front of the adoring crowd so that was cool. Incredibly tiring though. all that walking plus pulling the wagon, plus carrying the little big girl.... whew! Still and all though a good time was had by most.

In other news received in the mail today two sets of tickets -- the first being to go see the Dixie Chicks (!!) which I cannot EVEN stand the coolness of and to which I will be taking my loverly BBQ (Yes!!) and the second being to one Mr. Lyle Lovett and further to a show I hadn't even heard about yet (!!) Can I just say, I heart my friends. I really don't know what I did to deserve you people (oh wait, now I remember -- I put up with your CRAP for the better part of two years!) but hearts and kisses to you all! {mwah, mwah!}

No comments: