Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pretty close to perfect...


I am just having the best coupla days. Went to visit IHOEL and found him to be in fine (medicated) spirits so that made me happy. Then last night I went with my new boyfriend to meet his best friend and her people for a dinner-type deal-ie and found the whole freaking lot of them to be just charming! It was really nice to get to see the NB interacting with someone besides me onna counta he's still kinda shy around me -- he's very sweet and comfortable and apparently highly-regarded with his peeps though so that was cool. Plus, the beautiful and accomodating Abby-Tail agree to kid-sit for me so I could go to this little shindig so she was on hand to meet/size up the boy in question and she just called to give me the ole thumbs up! Yay! (Again, nice that the things that she seemed to feel were cool about him were kinda the same things I'm fixated on so... and no she didn't come to these conclusions based on a three second intro. He actually gave her a ride to BART after dropping me off at the house -- although given the amount of "sahring" those two seem to have accomplished, I think he may have driven her all the way home!) K. then today, nice relaxed day. Kid had class. She is doing brillantly although she's getting burned out on Cap. I told her she could take a breather for the month of July then she had to re-start in August and we would discuss at the end of the summer whether or not she "has" to continue. Obviously I think she'd be great and that she could get a lot out of it but at the same time I'm just not gonna be the mom to tell her she has to do something she hates for the rest of her life just to make me happy. She's given it three months (which was the original agreement) and she promised to give it another shot in August so... i think she'll pick it back up. We'll see.

After we got home I put extentions in her hair so now she's got a ponytail down to her butt. Very cute. OH! And I got The Electric Company on DVD!!!!! So we've been watching that for hours on end.... Tomorrow going to hang with Mr. Lovah-Lovah in the park then Monday some "working from home" then out for a drive. Tuesday, lose the big girl to the CP and visit from NB. Sum total = a heck of a lot better than it was looking Friday afternoon so I'm not complainin'. :-]

No comments: