Thursday, September 14, 2006

Not a huge fan...


of Back-to-school night. Oh sure, I mean, I get the concept all about going to the school and meeting the kid's teacher and finding out what the child will be learning and all of that but honestly, isn't that what open house is for? Actually, this whole thing is like an open house but not as much fun. The kids are supposed to be in "childcare" so they don't detract "from the message" which is just plain wierd since the whole point of the message is the KIDS -- and also slightly ill-planned if you have little-little kids and you're single-parenting them since the kid-care has a nice open door and only two adults and lots of OTHER kids so your littlest one gets to experience the thrill of hunting you down (three flights of stairs and around a corner!) but again... not the worst experience just a little, well, a little tiring/stressful for the grown-ups is all. Actually, I'm sure all the other parents were fine. Probably just me who was thinking about all the other ways I could be hanging out (or not) with my kids. {sigh} Anyhoo....

No comments: