Sunday, March 11, 2007

that's it...!


O.K. so they take 32% of my paycheck -- I can live with that. They cut/eliminate funding for my remaining year(s) in grad school -- not happy-making but I'm a big girl, I'll deal... but THIS???! Moving Daylight Savings time AHEAD THREE WEEKS???? What the hell were they thinking? "It's already gotta be the most reviled day EVER; Let's just push it up a bit! That's make folks stop focusing on the war..."

Idiots.

Luckily, my annual DST-inspired-6-month-long-bad-mood is being mitigated by the fact that I have made plans to hang out with not one but two extremely attractive lady-people and while neither of them is likely to "invite me into intimacies" anytime soon (read: not in this lifetime, although you never know. I do have a new "Get Lucky" shirt! ;-]) it still feels super neat to know that I can go out with a grown-up person who can carry a conversation, is nice to look at and who understands my desire to get back to the kids before they figure out just how much better than me the babysitter actually is...!

No comments: