Monday, April 02, 2007

Crossing over


I am officially a lush. Well, not really since this is the first time I think in my LIFE that I've had a craving for a nice glass of zinfandel INSTEAD of supper but considering that my supper was going to consist of that old favorite N&G.... well, let's just say I hope Zin&nothing doesn't become my new "stand-by!" ;-]

{sigh} Today was hard. transitioning sucks. It especially sucks when the two (that's right folks -- it apparently takes TWO people to do my job!) would-be surrogate 'rents to my lovely Web Dev team are both going all deer-in-the-headlights-tell-me-what-to-do! on me when... well, frankly, wasn't that the reason I was being asked to exit stage left? Because my philosophy/ideas/management style SUCKED?????! Well. On one level it is nice to have it made clear that not everyone (aka NOONE except psycho-boss-lady) thought I was completely incompetent. On the other though, there's only so much vindication a gal needs before it all just sort of becomes gratuitous.

Ah well. C'est la vie.

In other (sort of related news) I love Mistah L-L (in a "purely-platonic-albeit-maybe-not-if-he-was-a girl-but-still-honestly-even-then-I'd-probably-rather-smooch-his-super-hot-wife" kind of way). He is waaaay looking out for me/got my back right now and I think that is just so awesome I may cry! thanks, Man...!{sniff} For this, I may actually allow you to see the GodChild (but only for a minute -- there are other people in line you know!)

Lastly, I just have to say this week-end was GREAT!

Hang with good friend/good friend's kids -- check!

Host sleep-over for super cool big girl friend of my big girl -- check!

Meet grown-up, super cute girl for brunch/dee-licious Blood Orange Mimosa action -- check!

Wind it all up with restful afternoon walk-about with children to nowhere in particular winding up in a nice sunny patch of grass watching 3.5 year old "play" a scrap of tree bark like nobodies biddness (seriously, I dont' know where that kid comes by her drumming talent but my GOD -- where is Prince when you actually need him to discover somebody??

None of which drove me to drink, I might add. One day back in that hellhole and I'm craving the scotch. Oy vey...

No comments: