Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


As I am LAME and didn't call anyone yesterday I'd like to take a moment to salute all the super-amazing-Dad-types I am fortunate enough to have involved in my life.

IHOEL -- there are not enough words in my current vocabuary to express my wonder and amazement at your parenting abilities. You are awesome (not too mention handsome beyond belief... eh, hem...sorry) and I am honored to be allowed to watch you "work".

Big Brother -- You are my inspiration/the wind beneath my wings. You and you alone are my baramometer for measuring all that is good in this world. I count myself amoung the luckiest of people that I'm related to you since that pretty much means you HAVE to continue talking to me! You are a phenomenal dad and that's not just my opinion. I have conducted independent research that unequivocably supports that claim.

Daddy -- What can I say. You sort of sucked as a dad but you're a bang-up Grand-Pa and in a way I guess that pretty much makes up for you completely failing us! (jk! Except, not really...)

in other news... the Texans are here right now making me a "Father's Day" breakfast! I Know! Not only have they shown up en masse with pancake mix, strange fruity-looking things (the word "mango" was bandied about)and wire wisks but they've also come bearing gifts! I am now the proud owner of one tie, one bottle of cologne and one very nice set of cufflinks!(I don't care what I've said about that groupling in the past, those kids are QUALITY people -- Quality, I say!)

Funny things to note about their visit so far:

1) That there is a queer-as-hell Latin/Asian boy mincing around my kitchen wearing a frilly apron and complaining about my lack of "real" country music...

2) That DB is getting ALL KINDS of jealous because OG is outside having an amicable little chat with the (admitedly) smoking hot BF of my front upstairs neighbor...

3) The fact that the discovery of Trisha Yearwood in the CD collection elicited not only a shrill scream type reaction but also an impromptu mini-line dance in my extremely cluttered livingroom....

Seriously. I love these guys...

No comments: