Tuesday, January 08, 2008

useless...


You know what? Sometimes i have NO idea why my GalPal puts up with me. Did she not leave early this morning in order to get some work done so that she might be more able to do me a HUGE favor vis a vis my truck not getting towed and did I not mentally ruminate upon that very fact at the exact same time I was locking the door behind me/realizing I'd left the keys to both the house and her car (which she was sweet enough to lend me) inside! And, yes, i did have to then call her and beg her to come all the way hoem from work to let me and the now freezing 4.5 year old which i am still (for some random reason) being allowed to parent inside to retrieve aforementioned keys. And yes she did come all the way home. And no, she didn't even look at me weird. {sigh} nice that i have the world's best GF -- sad that she cannot say the same.....

in other news, I turned in the little kid's school application to start Kindergarten this morning (yay!). on time and everything (Due entirely to the reminding/prompting of the Daddy Bee, I might add....) I actually turned it in at the #2 site (the #1 choice being the site where the Big Bee girl currently goes) and i just have to say, it seems like Oak-town gets a bad "schools" rap but i actually didn't have all that much trouble finding 5 public schools that I think i'd be more than happy with for a variety of reasons. #2 is like a smaller version of #1 but with a kid-generated and tended garden and the kick-assest principal I've met in awhile. #3 is Dual language Eng./Spanish with an extended before and aftercare program and a "doing instead of reading" about approach to community involvement for the kids. #4 is also a fantabulous school (which actually scored higher on the various school assessment websites that litter the internet) which also sports the added draw of hosting the BBQ's Miss Rose -- it is, however farther away than my other choices so it got some "prioritization points" knocked off, not only because of the added commute time but because of the reduced liklihood that the folks from the current graduating kidcare class would turn up in Spark's K class. (not impossible but still unlikely.) Last and certainly least I put some random school that is fine in most respects (not great or filled with people Spark already knows but good academically and reasonable in terms of class size and API scores) which is science intensive, and which was recommended by some chick who gets coffee at the same time i do at my local coffee place (she's the intake coordinator, I think) and which goes through 8th grade so if we liked it we'd be set through Middle School which is nice to think about.... so. basically, i'm thinking we'll be set no matter where we go. Assuming we get one of our choices. if not, I'll just head on down to the district office with the rest of the pissed-off/entitled parents and kick up the hugest stink this planet has ever seen! ;-)

No comments: