Monday, February 04, 2008

Passed!!!!


I passed my Dissertation proposal hearing! Meaning, I had four people(3 committee + 1 random alternate i've never met before) sit in a room and tell me with straight faces, no less, that they actually expect me to graduate in May! That's THIS May. I think i may pass out from the sheer excitement of it all!

Let's see.... I feel like i haven't written anything in a really long time (which is hilarious considering my supposedly "unemployed, nothing to do all day except lounge around eating bon-bons" state. p'raps I will review some of the highlights.

Vegas = awesome. Super fun. Great show. Amazing room. Grand company. The single point of distress being the fact that our flight was cancelled so we had to hang around for a whole bunch more hours which was fun for us (mostly) because we got to shop for cool jeans but also entirely dependent on the K-Ds emergency hosting the kids which they did because They Are Awesome!

Talks have begun vis a vis me and Daddy K-D starting the world's best Concierge/Coaching/Spiritual Enlightening/Kick-start-your-damn-life service. I'm awfuly excited because i've been thinking about doing this for years. I am more excited now because i think it is indicative of my ability to actually do such a thing that i have been THINKING about it for years. Thus, i am delighted that someone who actually knows how to make stuff happen has decided he has the time to give this a passing glance! Chicago/New Orleans speaking engagements, I'm on my way!

Not a lot of headway on the whole suing-the-pants-off-my-previous-employer thing.I have received a very long questionnaire thingey though that once i fill it in and send it back may help "clarify my position in regards to this matter" so that's interesting.

Had a super lovely impromptu dinner type thingie hosted a Chez Pizza Place and spearheaded by the fanabulous BBQ. Minor post-dinn-din fight with GF notwithstanding (entirely my fault) still a great evening had by all and i am very much looking forward to the next one!

Finally, i think i will wrap up with the super cute superbowl party we all (me, Spark, QBGF, Boo and BBQ) were lucky enough to attend at one of QBGF's friends in what as to be THE cutes little one bedroom apartment I think i've ever seen. We were fortunate in that our host's team pick squeaked out a victory in the final 22 seconds of the game (see, I was paying attention!) so everything ended up cheerfilled and upbeat. Although, I do have to say, MY main takeaway vis a vs the benfits of these sort of events is sadly still the hilarious spinoffs!

That's right, folks, Witness the fabulousness that is Puppybowl IV!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ! you said 'takeaway'! That my friend, is a football term.