Friday, March 07, 2008

My interview yesterday...


So, my morning started with the normal rush to get everyone to their various schools then back to the house to get ready for THE INTERVIEW (this is significant because it's been too damn long since I've had ANY interest at all from the resume-sucking ether into which I am flinging my finely crafted cover letters plus it's a nice company)

At first things were going o.k. did the mapquest thing to figure out how long it would take to get there, pulled out every suitable item of clothing in my closet (three things -- all dusty but serviceable, labeled with names like "Jones New York"), pulled up the latest e-mail from the HR gal to figure out who I'd be meeting and noticed, for the first time, the last line "Please print and fill out these documents prior to our interview." Crap. FIVE attachments! And me with a laptop that doesn't play well with the lone printer in the house.

I did manage to figure out how to highjack the QB's Mac (and how to work the stupid "delete" key -- Really? do we really need to have only the ONE way to erase a url Mac people?? I'm just asking...) got to my e-mail and printed out the docs. (couldn't figure out how to close the windows though so... at some point I'm probably going to have to take the words "proficient on both Windows and MAC" off my resume!)

After which, i spent a WHOLE BUNCH of time filling the damn things out. Sheesh. What with the authorizing background checks and copying the resume info onto the application and the listing of the "clubs, activities,trade organizations" I belong to (o.k. that part was really short) the next time i glanced at the clock I was already about to be late AND not yet dressed! So, threw on the clothes, quick "did something" with the hair, pulled on the stockings in an effort to cover the hippy-hairy leg-action, ran out the door and.... tripped on the concrete outside. inches from the truck. creating a HUGE run in my only pair of cream-colored, opaque stockings. No time to get a new pair so I took them off, threw them away, jumped in the truck and sped off. Luckily there was very little traffic, so I actually pulled into the parking lot of the interview place only about 5 minutes late. I turned off the truck. breathed a sigh of relief, felt a "tickling" on my leg and glancing down, discovered A RIVER OF BLOOD running from my knee down to my ankle and pooling on the top of my new Jones New York cream colored slingback heels! {sigh}

Other than that, though, i think it went really well. :-)

No comments: