Friday, December 12, 2008

Married to the Lunch Lady!


Can i just begin by saying that it is incredibly cute that my lovely wife is volunteering at the Spark's school in a way that requires her to don an hairnet! What is not cute, however is her propensity (that's right, i said "propensity"!) to have dreams wherein she is no longer with me. Really. Not liking it. At all. Heads up all my "eyes on the outside" if anyone sees her out and about with any police offier looking ladies, shoot me and e-mail, K?

Let's see, what else.... Been having some conversations with the most recent(ish) Ex who's now living on the East Coast about marriage and personal growth and all of that. Interesting/weird but that's what you get when you try to "reach out" to folks. Actually this has been a pretty good week for me and the "formerly slept with." My Pants-wearing Pal in Inchiro is checking in on a regular basis (in a way that's not annoying me) so that's nice. Sounds like his life is pretty posh right about now so I'm going to go ahead and issue a moratorium on him complaining to me about anything ever again! Same goes for Pretty Boy who I will be meeting for dinner at some point soon so he can fill me in on his latest trip to the wilds of Greece/go on and on (and on) about his latest "love-interest"/new promotion at google. Really, how is it that i'm continually surrounded by such effortlessly upwardly mobile peeps? Although I guess "effortless" is the wrong word since most of them do actually work for it. More like some effort combined with case-loads of luck/tons of the smarty-smarts! K. so I was all enthusiastic about writing about the past life but now I'm tired. Me and the Little Woman are going out tonight (Thanks Bees for kid-coverage!) to some party wherein her High School pals will be attending so hopefully that'll provide more grist for the mill. If not, I'll just revert to going on and on (and on) about nothing much in particular. :-)

No comments: