Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So, yesterday....


Right. Mixed-Race, urban educated but still having roots in single-parent, lower socio-economic-class upbringing gentleman FINALLY occupies the White House. Check.

I'm torn. on the one hand i feel like this is a HUGE occassion and a cuase for some massive celebrating and yet, on the other... I dunno. I think it's cool and everything. I'm happy and all. But I dunno. I still sort of know that the country is as close to the brink of extermination as it has probably ever been, the the amoutn of canvasing and/or fundraisign for this campaign was unprecedented aAND that the exiting government is counting it's popularity points in the tens -- all this and the "Black" man STILL only makee it into office by a narrow (albeit significant) margin (meaning the vast majority of those red states still voted red.) and I can't help but think... Really??? Still? The flip-side being Damn Skippy. Let's have a look at where we were sixty years ago, a hundred years ago, hell, forty years ago and then re-consider where we just got yesterday. Nice. It's all good. I guess i'm just a little impatient for folks to stop acting like humans and more like, I dunno, "folks."

No comments: