Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Sometimes reading other blogs...


Makes me feel like I'm cheating. Like I feel like "Hey, I'm just a gal out and about, trying to figure out a way to pass a few spare moments" and I'll happen across something like this...

http://uppoppedafox.com/?p=973

and I'll get all smiley because dammit I like reading cute writing and then suddenly I feel like, wait a minute, shouldn't I be reading the Wife's blog, or even TALKING to The Wife since she's sitting RIGHT OVER THERE (*also* on the computer playing fast and loose with the Internet, so I don't feel too bad) but I can't bring myself to do the right thing and instead justify my inattention by noting that the illicit blog is on "My favorites" list since somehow if it appears on a list that is always on my site then it's as if they're just an old friend and I'm just checking in. Except that they're new. and i've kind of got a blog crush them: I like the way they put words and thoughts together; I'm gratified by the use of the Vinyl tablecloth as metaphore since that was one of the "discussion points" during the wedding planning, I like The Funny! which OF COURSE is no big deal because I'm married with kids and she's married with kids and we're both deliriously happy where we are and it's not like I'm getting goofy over a person, right .... I dunno. I think that I used to get crushes on people I knew from the life and now I get silly over "style". Which is not to say I don't LOVE the Wife's style as well, I can't wait to read her stuff but she doesn't post as much as she used to.... Hm. Anyway. So much for allowing random musings on "faithfulness". I'm going to go interact with The Wife now. Or try to. Depends on whether or not she's through with her Metafilter..... :-)

3 comments:

Vikki said...

Have you seen Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer? Well, this brings to mind that scene when poor Rudolph has that mud on his nose and then finds out that Clarice thinks he's cute and then he flies all over saying, "I'm cute, I'm cute!" and everyone is awestruck until the mud falls off of his nose.

I feel kinda like that right now because you said my writing was cute. Now, the mud will likely fall off of my nose and I'll end up on an errant ice chunk with a weird prospector and a dentist but I think I can live with that.

This is all to say, you are very kind.

ChickMagnet said...

wait, does that make me Clarice?? because I have to say what with the drag-queen eyelashes and the unwillingness to stand up to her old man... I think I'd *rather* be the dentist meaning when I said your writing was "cute" what I intended to say was that "it's clear that it flosses regularly!" [I'll stop there because really, the only other place I can go is into "So straight! So white!" territory and nobody wants that... :-) ]

Vikki said...

C'mon...Clarice wasn't so bad. She does the right thing in the end.

A total aside, there is a lot of Gay in that show. Hello Charlie in the Box - I'm talking to you.