Friday, May 08, 2009

how many "yos" before you're "Street" (yo')?


K. So, I have this friend who is hanging around with someone who is apparently quite a bit more OG than he is and I have to say, i've noticed (since they've been hangin') a precipitous rise in the amount of street slang slipping into our conversations. Consider the following:

Me: hey you.
New Ole Gangstah Dawg: S'up.
Me: S'up?
NOGD: S'up.
Me: uh, not a lot. You?
NOGD: Not much... hey yo...
Me: Yo?!
NOGD: you, Hey. i wanted to tell you-
Me: "Yo"??!
NOGD: "Yo! yeah, what's wrong with yo?
Me: Since when are you a yo-er?
NOGD: a yo-er? I'm not a yo-er!
Me: You "yoed"
NOGD: What??
Me: Just now. You "yo"ed
NOGD: yeah well, whatever, listen, me an "G"-
Me: "G"??!
NOGD: G. My dawg.
Me: Your dog. Who, Paco?
NOGD: Yeah.
Me: Wouldn't he be "P"... ha. GDP! get it, like the economy! is he "going down fast"???
NOGD: Listen would you shut up for a minute and let me tell you
Me: uh, sure. go head hommie, have it! ... yo.
NOGD: I hate you.

{snicker} and yet, i do so love the children so very much!

4 comments:

duckus said...

Are you talking about Park? Cos .. he has OG written all over him.

ChickMagnet said...

Ah... good guess but no, this "friend" is a little more south of the border than Mr. L-L -- although, I guess technically, what with MLL being in *Cancun* right now, he's got the more southernly title.... whatever! I'm talking about Angel, natch!

duckus said...

Now that's just plain adorable.

-A said...

I'm insulted by this post.