Saturday, May 02, 2009

There I go again...


Handing out kids without even a cursory reference check! So, Yay! The Spark has been officially paper-bound to The Wife via the family services branch of the Alameda County Court and we are all quite happy about it. I mean, sure I have some me-centric concerns along the lines of "Wait! I'm giving up some rights to be sole dictator of an otherwise free person's path through life, AGAIN????" but then I remember that in this case I'm really just the conduit through which The Wife and The Spark finally found each other (and Man o man are those two meant to be together!) so really there's nothing left to do except get on with dotting the "i"s, etc. So. I's are dotted. Ts are crossed. God/the judge has deemed The Wife fit (not to be confused with The Wii Fit!) et viola! She is legally parental! I did tell the Spark that she wasn't probably going to get adopted any more in this lifetime but you never know. Rules are lax these days what with the "homosexual agenda" and there may come a day when just about any interested passer-by will be allowed to put in a bid but for now i think we're done. :-)

On a side note, I LOVE my mechanic. My truck's alternator died a spectacular death initially ON the train tracks near my house but propelled by my freaked-outness down the opposite slope to finally end up in a nice, safe parking lot nearby awaiting a tow. I called AAA who arrived and told me i was out of luck battery-wise but who then called a tow-truck. The tow truck towed me to my Mechanic (Mike) who graciously accepted the impromptu addition of a non-running ford, fiddled around with some things, fixed some things then returned it to me running and happy for a "very good" price in less than an hour! Seriously. I heart Mike!

No comments: