Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Girl!


Boo: Hey mom....
Me: Hm?
Boo: So, if you ever need to get home from Atlanta and you're driving and you want to use a route that goes through all state capitals -- I'm your girl. (Does that chest patting thing rappers do.)
Me: Really? you know how to do that?
Boo: Yup.
Me: Cool.
[pause]
Boo: I could also tell you how much you'll spend on food.
Me: Good to know.

Yup. Pretty much sums up why I consider myself among the luckiest humans on the planet today.

in other news, my dear friend Mizz Tail got an award last night for being awesome/helping undersupported kids reach their fullest potential. Here's the write up from the last awards dinner. The group is called All Stars and was brought to the west coast about 8 years ago by a group called The Bay Area Center for Independent Culture (BACIC). It's been active on the East coast for about 25 years. I didn't know very much about the event going in but suffice to say, I came out at the end of the evening feeling ridiculously happy that there are such amazing people in the world doing such amazing work. the kids were insanely poised and accomplished as well. Plus it was nice getting to hang out with my A-Tail! All-in-all, a fantastic experience. I'm actually gonna try to hunt them down to see if I can help out in any way. gosh. Just so much kid-centric greatness in one place. Warms the heart.

No comments: