Monday, July 06, 2009

If not now, when..?


Damn. I {heart} Missy Etheridge's voice/lyrics/music/aesthetic so much! No. Really.

K. moving on.... Happy belated fourth of July folks! I, myself, was "sick" all week-end which i'm putting in quotes because my sister-in-law actually underwent triple bypass surgery with a colonial-ectoloscopy thrown in for good measure (you know, since they had her spleen out anyway.... why not!) this week-end and was sent home with some gauze and a mimeographed instruction sheet on how to proceed should the elmo band-aid they'd affixed post-op become "loosened and/or lost" -- she's got "catastrophic coverage" so the hospital went with a "wait and see" approach to applying actual sutures and/or (costly) antibiotic ointment -- anyway, she's fine so I feel a little weird complaining about how i was "sort of hot" and "kind of had a sore throat. Sore-ish. At least before the ibuprofen kicked in." ANYWAY! All of this is just a big ole rambling lead up to the fact that i spent the entire week-end lounging around whilst The Wife handled the following duties:

1) Grocery shopping for the fam + expected guests
2) Laundry
3) Feeding, walking and generally paying attention to the dog
4) Taking the Little Big Girl to her (canceled -- oops!) Ballet class. [Note: I could have prolly prevented that but the note telling me about it was on my phone which was all the way across the room...!]
5) Feeding, minding and generally keeping safe the two children we actually have ownership rights to as well as the two we borrowed for the occasion
6) Driving to and from far off lands to acquire (and later to return) aforementioned loaner kids
7) tending to ME, her "ailing wife" who, as previously mentioned, was spending the week-end alternately lying around on the couch hogging all the good blankets and giggling with the Rockstar's mom who came over to show her how to work her newest (unnecessary) addition to the "machines that make cool-shaped, cut-out bits of paper and take up space on the kitchen table" collection.

Oh. and then, when everything sort of wound down a bit, keeping the kids quiet so I could finally have a little nap in my big soft bed fer chrissakes!

Yeah. there are lots of reasons why I think I'm a pretty lucky lady but sometimes it borders on the scary.

K. In other news, Fireworks = great! thanks to the ERG, we were tipped off to a great viewing area that was literally 12 minutes away from our house, had tons of space for playing children, a massive parking lot and views of both the Jack London Square display as well as tinier views of The City's works/pretty twinkling lights.

Finally, a last super big shout-out needs to go out to my BBQ who was "born" on Thursday but who was pretty much celebrating all week -- Happy B-day, Best Buddy Q. You are a G-dsend and a scholar and i am delighted to have managed to so thoroughly affix you to my life! Cheers, Mazel Tov and all my desires for you to have many, many more!

No comments: