Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sexy tractors and Guilt in here? Hell yeah!


Yay! The ever-fabulous BBQ is coordinating the tix hook-up for this show and I cannot even stand how excited I am to go! Yay, Kenny, Yay, Miranda and Sugarland too??? Really? Like we even need that much excitement + fabulous entertainment all in one place! Seriously. This is going to be THE best concert experience ever! k. so. nuff about that. let's see.... what else is going on.... indulged in a little cyber-stalking earlier today. Just following up on an Ex's current (30ish, runs marathons, works at google, cute! nice smile.) in a way that is more about me continuing to feel O.K. about not actually calling him to find out if he's doing well but still reassuring myself that he must be doing fine because, look, he's dating someone with a nice smile who's close to his age and runs marathons! I know, weird but at least I'm trending toward less self-stupidly-booby-trapping behavior and more toward "not hurting anyone while still satisfying the curiosity part" type of antics. Eh. or maybe not. maybe it's the same kind of crazy just half-assed because i'm old. :-)

In other news, went to a very lovely wedding (the Wife's cousin -- who, of course, looked beautiful!) this past Friday which was out at the beach (Cliff house to be specific) and was the first wedding I've been to post my own so... interesting to note what seemed to be "working" in the context of someone who is not actually in the middle of everything. the Wife and I arrived separately so I had lots of time to wander around and wonder about all the various bits and pieces. Cute. I also got to meet the new bf of the Sis-in-law, J. He's nice. V. sweet. Nowhere near good enough for her but whaddaya gonna do.... ;-)

Other highlights from the week-end included getting to see the Wife's BFF, EG whom we have not seen for thirteen years mostly because I was/am a walking petri dish of flu-related effluvia and she (wisely) has chosen to stay the hell away lest she succumb to any of the more exotic strains of nasty currently working through my system. Regardless of this exercise in caution, however, the kids needs to see her and so she was produced and OF COURSE she is now sick/dying. I suck. but it was still fun hanging out. Also getting to see the little Miss Red-haired Emma for a post-ballet playdate. fun, fun, fun!

k. I'm going to wrap this up onna counta i'm tired/sick of waiting for my "10:30" to show up in the office so we can meet to discuss their project so... off to get more coffee! ta-ta-til-later!

No comments: