Wednesday, September 09, 2009

by bestowing a kindness that implied an expectation, and by setting an example...


This is part of a quote from a Wendell Berry book i found in the mark-down bin at Green Apple books (first marked down to 12.00 then to 8.00 and finally to 6.00 where I happened upon it. 6.00 for a twice-reduced, used paperback. That, my friend is how you measure quality!)

I'm sitting here ruminating on these words, trying not to bug The Wife who seems to have actual work to do as she is holed up with the laptop on the couch and avoiding taking a bath which I know is waaaaaayyyyy overdue but which, for some reason i cannot bring myself to have truck with. I think it's maybe the hair. long hair takes a million years to dry and i'm afraid of it getting all tangley and matted if I go to bed with it wet. Plus i'm afraid of water AND those friends I still have have seen me through worse so...

I also just watched a tiny bit of Mr. Obama's health care reform speech. (we listened to it on the way home today but it's always better to watch the man. I know i'm not alone in thinking this but Da Prez is HOT! Now with that tidbit (his reaction to a "heckler") in my head plus the Berry quote plus some other stuff i'm trying to sort through for this massive work project we're kicking off i'm sitting her trying to figure out the best use of the time I have allotted before i take myself to bed..... Research pit puppy behavior/growth patterns? Finish reading the Berry article? Call a buddy for a little check-in? Watch the latest Ellen on Hulu? Or just call it a day and go to sleep..... I'll leave it up to the peanut gallery. You all decide. (but make sure you let me know otherwise i could be sitting here all night!)