Monday, October 19, 2009

And then there was pink...


O.K. so, those of you in the know, know that i'm always messing with my kids' hair. Not in any sort of "political" or "I wish you'd brush your hair more often!" kind of way because, seriously, who would i have to become to really start caring about stuff like that??? but more in a, "so you wanna be a rockstar, eh...." kind of way. So, this week-end me and the Big Big Girl were sitting around discussing hair facts and hair boredom (and "passing for straight/boring now that i'm married/in a 'respectable' job/profession") and decided it was high time she repaid the coiffure favor by helping me make my head a little more interesting to look at. Then, being decided and after doing a tiny bit of research, we took a little trip to the local beauty supply and got us some hair (mostly brown, some pink), sat ourselves down on the stoop, did some twisting and waxing et viola! A mere 45 minutes later we had Me with large, fluffy doll-like hair. Very fluffy. The predominant theme was locks without all the twisting. I gotta say, I love it! Even the Big Big Girl approves. the Little Big Girl is withholding comment but i think that's more because she was gone all week-end at some massive sleep-over birthday Hannah Montana princess party than because she actually formed any lasting opinions. I'm not entirely sure how the Wife feels but I do know she's at least still willing to kiss/snuggle me so... probably the best i can hope for at this point!

Oh! Also, wanted to give a little shout-out to the fantastically fun crew I got to hang with this past Thursday at some random PJA fundraising dinner. (That's right folks, I'm finally embracing my progressive Jewish Side!) the dinner itself was quite lovely, the company was awesome and one of the speakers, Ruth Messinger, was brilliant. Really. I want to be her when/if I grow up. Or at least just get really close to people who are really close to her so I can continue staring at her without her thinking it's creepy. :-)

No comments: