Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just a wee bit obsessed....


So, in my ongoing effort to figure out a viable way for my not-quite-teen-age-child to support me financially (you know, until the littler one "makes it" on Broadway...), I've come up with a yet another doll-making business opportunity and I must say, I'm a little obsessed. I've not actually made any dolls yet but i'm still spending hours on-line looking at glascine envelopes suitable for mailing. {really} This is actually o.k. because the Big Girl has taken it upon herself to learn everything there is to know about the actual production of the actual product so... i think with the two of us on this, it'll turn out well. That is until CPS comes around inquiring about the sudden spike in income/The Boo's sudden need to be "homeschooled"....

In other news, since we're discussing the Boo, she's out in the desert right now with the CP having a glorious time. I know this because i have text message proof to that effect. Being the empathetic, centered, loving, big-hearted momma that I am, I am NOT sad at all that she is not miserable without me. Furthermore I am DELIGHTED that she and her CP get to spend some quality time in the desert which I grew up in/adore, surrounded by my beautiful family, partaking of real quality bonding time mono y mono. Really. I'm not bitter at all.

Spent yesterday bonding with the other kid who had the day off from school. We had a rocky start due to some suspicious regurgitative activity but in the end everyone ended up healthy and sound so... sa'all good. In between forays out into the world, we relaxed watching the Kids Choice Awards (6 times when all was said and done) then for laughs I threw in some Jesus Christ Superstar. I know. I'm not super sure what I was thinking either. I think it had something to do with seeing Rhianna on a pink tank 4 times running that made me think "O.K. Rhianna. Singing. tank. dancing. Jesus Christ Superstar! That's got tanks and singing and pretty brown people dancing! plus it's almost Easter. What better time to indoctrinate he Child into the teachings of Our Lord in Heaven who so calmly gave his/her only begotten son so that we might partake of all the Krispy Kremes we want and still get into Heaven!" Note for anyone who is considering showing following in my poorly thought out footsteps: Your average 6 year old may have a bit of a hard time accepting why the nice man who is trying to make people nicer to one another ends up captured, beaten and killed. Just saying. I'm no theologian but it's a dodgy proposition at best. Here's just one post-flick conversation:

"Wait, why did he die?"
"Well, he died so we could go to heaven."
"But i thought we had to be good to go to heaven."
"Well, you do, I guess. I mean, that's what some people believe"
"So, they get to be bad?"
"Um. Well... i guess."
"And still go to heaven?"
"Um. yeah. I think so."
"That's not fair."

Which, really when it comes right down to it pretty much sums it up, doesn't it.

Oh! And don't even get em started on the mid-movie learning moment vis a vis Judas' suicide. "Well, Sweetheart, he made a bad choice. Sometimes people make really, really bad choices...." {sigh}

Additional note: It is, furthermore, not lost on me that I could have just left Nickelodeon on so we could have instead watched Victoria Jackson - teen fashion designer. Honestly, I blame it on the new administration.

No comments: