Friday, July 16, 2010

All just a little too much


Except not really i guess. the Little Big girl was sick all week which necessitated me staying home a bunch and trying to work from there which was fine and everything except we had this major launch to shepherd for a set of folks who are particularly high-maintenance and so all sort of panties got proverbially "wadded" and all i could do was sit at home and try to surf the onslaught of e-mail demands while not getting too caught up in the fact that my kid was lying on the couch all glassy-eyed and groaney and needing water and cheese and the "black remote" and soup and noodles and not noodles and that "blow-uppy thing" and the cat (for some reason that was never quite made clear to me) all of which was perfectly understandable/reasonable/expected because she was hot and phlegm-filled, dammit! but still... I guess it helped sort of that technically one of the home days was one i was supposed to be off anyway -- at least the "totally abandoning my team at work" guilt was slightly alleviated by it having been "planned"....

Added to all of that though were some really very delightful things, like...

1) I actually liked hanging out with my Little Big Girl. She's a sweetie and i know she's trying to get better. I just need to manage my stress, weirdness, guilt, etc. and stop acting like she can do anything about this particular situation... {sigh} Someday, really, i will figure out the "parenting" part of this and we will all be good!

2)I did get some work done on the Mood Doll project (thanks to A. here in the office for the awesome-pants outlines she did for us!) so we're ready to move a little more forward with it. yay!

3) the Wife and her partner (tennis, that is) won their match in the playoffs last night in a way that was spectacularly awesome so we're all very proud of her. the team did not win overall but no matter, they made it to the playoffs which was kind of cool in the first place so.... Good job, ladies! You're all winners in my book!

4) I'm getting a new phone! this is huge news because I am not the kind of person who typically gets crushy about techie stuff (although i'm not sure cellphones qualify as "hi-tech" anymore) and I am sort of seriously loving (the idea anyway -- it's not actually arrived yet) of this phone! Mostly i like that reviewers keep talking about how clear the sound is. My current phone is a million years old and tends to drop calls any time you make a sudden move (like shifting your weight from one foot to the other.) Also, i like that it makes texting "a breeze" especially now that i'm trying to keep up with an about to be teen-ager who keeps making fun of my total inability to write a message of any length in under five minutes!

oh! and

5) I cleaned my oven. Really! I know.

:-)

No comments: