Thursday, September 09, 2010

Feeling all happy and effective right now


I'm not at work (Happy Jewish New year, everyone!) which i think probably explains this particular sensation but i just finished sorting out this whole huge "phone call/contact chain" thing (I think) that i signed up for in a moment of intense enthusiasm combined with some pressure from a certain about-to-be-eighth grader last summer to support my kid's summer school program. Seriously. the fact that math was involved, i think explains quite a bit but, only two erroneous e-mails to my list of call volunteers, one completely wrong spreadsheet of student contact information and a phone call to the program coordinator later and i think i finally figured it out! Yay me!

in other news, week-end was grand. the girls made a batch of Dee-licious lemonade from the lemons on the tree outside -- which i've heard made the tree in question a lot less "stressed" so that's good. Noone wants stressed out lemon trees!

we also got our first batch of paperdoll cutouts back from the printer/cutter people and they are A-Dor-able!! Really, seriously. Amazing. Really, I'm so excited about this project, it's a little crazy.

Other recent developments: a number of school check-in affairs wherein I became intensely nervous as to the sheer amount of dates that are extraordinarily important and that I and my children need to participate in if they have any hope whatsoever of being successful in their future schooling endeavors and which I have no idea how i will accommodate... I mean, of course, they will be accommodated, it's just a lot is all. No worries, though! I've always felt that my time spent at work, with my family, friends and/or sleeping are vastly overrated and needed to be cut short anyway so I'm sure time will magically materialize in my schedule. ;-)

No comments: