Monday, October 25, 2010

Shadow visits!


So, this is new too me but apparently kids today go on these things called "shadow visits." apparently the "shadow visit" is paid to a school at which said student would like to attend and is meant "to give the prospective student" a "glimpse" of what their academic and social life would be like should they attend said school. (!!) Seriously. one the one hand i think it's a grand idea on the other.... PRESSURE!!!

Anyhoo, today was the Big Girl's first shadow visit (coincidentally to the school she REALLY wants to go to) and it went "fine." meaning she survived it. I, on the other hand, [heh.] emerged from the entire ordeal with a bruised/squashed ring finger. Noone's fault but my own. Apparently i need to work on getting in and out of my truck without getting damaged. It's a process....

RE: SV -- I think she had fun. At any rate I'm glad it wasn't traumatic. (mainly because she has four more of these things to go. it would really suck if the first one was horrible!)

in other news, the BBQ was sweet enough to host me and mine for some fantabulous spaghetti sup-sup last night. Ostensibly, she was showing me how to make sp. sauce on my own but fortunately it devolved into one of those splendid situations which I love so much wherein i get quite a bit of credit for really doing very little work. A win-win-win as far as i'm concerned!

{sigh} o.k. my finger is starting to hurt a little so i'm going to go. Have say the current outlook is good. A solid B+! :-)

No comments: