Monday, June 23, 2003

Hullo, Happy, happyies!


I'm in a fabulous mood today. Had a splenderific week-end and all is right with the world (for now. breath is not being held...) Me and Boo spent Sat. rolling around Frisco like the big-shots we are. First, went for a casting call/photo-shoot thing at Fort Mason -- they're looking for people to be in an insurance ad. How sad has my life become that I am now stopped on the street and asked to participate in a casting call for insurance?? I think they just wanted my kid anyway. I'll have to get used to that... -- at any rate, photo shoot was quick and fun. Photographer guy was nice and let Boo do bunny ears on me for one of the shots (which given that we were numbers 398/399 respectively I gotta give him props for.) Then it was off to Fisherman's warf to be fabulous like the tourists only better because we know how much things are supposed to cost! Sunglasses were thrown on, french fries were eaten, marionettes were purchased -- I actually found a decent parking space so you know it was meant to be... Then home again, home again, to the happy abode. Chick's famous baked spaghetti for sup-sup and off to bed. {sigh} Life, she ees sweet.



Then, on Sunday... breakfast, Finding Nemo and thorough scrub-down of the old truck. I'd forgotten it used to be red. Anyways, Finding Nemo - finally! This was Boo's second time seeing it so she was very helpful and covered my eyes during all the scary bits. Very beautiful animation. Very sweet story. Nicely done, Pixar! Keep up the good work. Can I just say, do-it-yourself carwash places are becoming SUCH a rip! Sheesh. First you have to use their stupid tokens instead of real money which means you have to buy more than you probably need since you may need a tiny bit of extra time but not the whole two minutes extra.... And what's with the two freakin' minutes?? Who washes an entire car in two minutes?? Whatever. The spray gun is really fun so I will continue to go but sheesh, makes me mad. Boo was a trooper and a huge help both with the bubble brush and the after towel-down. Due entirely to her careful ministrations the lower half of my esteemed vehicle is spotless! Some Shlub (me) was in charge of the upper half so there are all these half-assed-dirt-re-distributed-into-circle marks but whatever! I can't be good at everything!!

Later that day: dropped off Boo with the CP and, un-able to go ahead with Plan A (Hanging at the Hayseed house watching the Animatrix -- the highly anticipated viewing having been mercilessly re-scheduled by Emerson) I ended up down at the Pier watching Dirty Boy and Angel attack things with thier skateboards. Other Girl was there as well, so the two of us sat (her looking bored, me being bored) for a good thirty minutes not talking to each other. Yipee! Betty Friedan would have been thrilled!

This is Other Girl:

OG: [early twenties, pink, pointy hair, "Emily's Cats" t-shirt with cut-off sleeves, oily jeans, converse high tops, studs in her ears, nose, tongue and belly button - to Dirty Boy whom she is rumoured to "like"] Hey!
DB: [trying to slide across a pointed rectangular concrete thing on a foot long plank of wood without killing himself] What?!
OG: When are we gonna f***??
DB: [Misjudges some crucial something; slams board into tiny lip thing at end of concrete rectangle and lands on his back fairly close to where we are sitting] Ahhhhhh.....!
OG: [Smiling tenderly down at him] Stupid.

O.K. so at this point I laugh. I have to! Apparently the site of DB bleeding goes a long way toward relieving any real or imagined animosity between myself and Other Girl and we begin to get along famously. For about an hour. Until her brother comes to pick her up.



O.K. so I have to take a moment here to do something that I am convinced is the right thing to do but which is painful for me nontheless. After much reflection (and after having taken a quick look at the numbers) I'm afraid I am going to have to rescind a pseudonym. I have decided that the nom de blog of "Beautiful Boy" is more a title than a permanent monniker and, as such, can be won or lost depending on the vagaries of fate and our esteemed panel of judges. Not to say that our former Beautiful Boy is no longer beautiful (I think of it like the Presidency or the Miss America pageant -- [you'll always be beautiful to me, man!]) but for the purposes of this blog, Beautiful Boy from earlier posts will henceforth be known simply as Pretty Boy (which is still really, really good!)

eh, hem...

Now then. Other Girl's Brother. Oh Mi GAWD! Can we just say CUTE!!!!! Can we all take a collective moment to appreciate the sheer perfection that a human male can achieve (especially one with long brown hair, cafe au lait skin, the cutest teeth I've ever seen and a waist you just want to lick butter off of... well, maybe YOU might not want to but I guarantee it would be because of some wierd dietary restriction, NOT because the thought didn't occur to you.... Sweet! This Beautiful boy (you knew it was coming) comes riding up, throws himself down on the steps and proceeds to engage us in a chinwag (I say "us" in the metaphorical sense; Other Girl completely ignored him). I am confused, captivated and delighted all at the same time until, surprise, surprise, he suddenly glances at his watch, stands, and orders OG to "C'mon" as apparently they "gotta go meet, Mom." Sorrow, Desolation. The sun may have chosen that moment to set.... {Sigh} Well, at least I know how to find him should I ever 1) turn straight, 2) need a daddy for my next baby 3) want to re-affirm my faith in all that is holy.

No comments: