Thursday, June 05, 2003

Pulling teeth


Why is talking to Boss Number 1 so much like pulling teeth?? Sheesh, he sits in his office all day long dreaming up new and ingenius ways to irritate us then he goes all wounded puppy when someone has the audacity to quit for a better postition where they might, heaven forbid, actually get a raise (not to mention some respect)...! whatever.... I need to not let him get to me. It's just that every single time I talk to him it feels like a goddamn audit "so, how's school? It's finished right? and the kid, you expect her when? So, you're probably going to be able to do full-time this summer...?" I mean, if I thought for a second that he actually cared it'd be different but all he's thinking about is his stupid quarterly earnings.... o.k. breathe.... I will not let the bastard get me down. I will remember that he is a small, miserable little man with a failing business and a wife who is way too much woman for him... There. I feel much better now. I'm off in 47 minutes to attend the kid's grad ceremony! I intend to videotape, photograph and/or transcribe every single second of it onto a shimmering fabric woven from Jason's golden fleece... or maybe not. depends on how i'm feeling.

No comments: