Thursday, July 03, 2003

the irony


Went shopping last night for a few key, last minute supplies re: the camp-fest that will hopefully be happening this weekend. Spent an appropriate sum of money on the coolest and most fabulous of all quality campground set-up stuff. We are sooo going to be camping large! Upon arriving home and after taking the scruffily fantastic Izzy out for a quick run; received a call from my dearest Angel (why do I feel like a freaking den mother all of a sudden??) informing me that his love, his raison d’etre, his new passion/lifelong desire is (ready for this?) visiting from Texas. I’m so sorry, Honey! I forgot to mention the escape clause that surrounds those who hook up at a SF Pride event and now my Angel whom I’ve sworn to protect is all sad because his newfound light is going home in a coupla days. (As a side note: New Boy has a pair of cowboy boots that he apparently wears on a daily basis. (!!) How great is that?? Anyway, sorry… re-focusing…) I suck. Well, maybe you guys can write or something… (she says completely dismissing an earlier conversation she was having with our man Tony in which she staunchly defended her assertion that “long-distance things never work!”… {sigh} oh well, what’s a den mother to do?)



Thinking about camping. I love camping. My truck is currently a camping machine! I have the tiny charcoal grill, the mid-sized tent, the inflatable mattresses with the electric pump (because I am officially too damn old to blow anything up!) the folding chairs, the sunscreen, the ice packs (which, dammit! I just remembered I left on the counter back home. f***. Ah well, at this point not even sure if camping is going to happen so will not let it get to me. Who needs cold food anyway?? Iced drinks are for wimps!) I am sooo excited. Did I mention I love camping?



Let’s see… anything else exciting going on right this second?? Don’t think so. P’raps I’ll post later when I need a break from the always special stylesheet abstract I’m working on. I’ll do it secretly, of course, because heaven forbid Boss #2 catches me working on something that has nothing to do with her and her narrow little world… k. I’m not even going to go there as I need to maintain my current jovial outlook. {Breathe in breathe out -- smell the rose... blow out the candle…} There. Much better.

No comments: