Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Now, they come crawling back...!


For those of you who are keeping score, three more of our original 11 potential datees have "checked back" as of this morning, and I have to say, I'm no longer impressed. I dunno what it is but they're just not as compelling as they were last week. I have two dates set up, one on-going conversation and a "get wit chu when I get back from Dallas" (which could mean anything really) and I think I'm good with that. Not that I think these two dates of mine are going to "turn into anything" but the simple act of lining them up has made me think long and hard {snicker} about what exactly it is I'm looking for. I mean let's review the facts, here. I have work 8 hours a day, five days a week. I have my kid 3-4 days a week, I'm trying to get another kid who I will have seven days a week and grad school starts Aug. 25th which means that I'll be spending at least two evenings a week in class and hopefully some time studying and writing papers and stuff. Which leaves me with what...? approximately 8 hours a week to grocery shop, wash clothes, clean the house, de-flea the cats, kill the ants, wash the dishes, return the library books, watch my favorite TV show check in with my peeps, take a shower and hopefully, sleep. K. So, essentially what I'm looking at is a chronic lack of time in which to engage in the requisite face time to conduct an actual relationship with an adult person while, at the same time I continue to want to have SEX! And not just any ole sex. I want to have that happy, cool, relaxed kind where should you start laughing for no particular reason right in the middle of it you don't have to spend the next three hours doing "damage control". [see above: I have no time for damage control!] Also, I don't want to have anybody freak right out if I have to cancel on them because I have my kid an extra day or I have to finish a paper. Basically, I want the kind of relationship I have with my friends + sex. (Although, I gotta say, the kind of relationship I have with some of my friends is pretty damn close to that -- heh heh heh... sorry...moving on...) So, this is what I want, I guess. I want to establish on-going friendships wherein it is a given that if the urge strikes us and if we have the time, boots will knock. What do we think? Is it completely naive to envision such a thing happening??

Anyway, Date #1 with Young Lad is tonight. He seems perfectly charming. He also seems like he's about twenty so hopes for this going much further are slight but it should be fun just the same.

No comments: