Thursday, July 17, 2003

Yes, but how much "dietary fibre" does this syrup have?"


Is it funny to anyone else that Ghiradelli Chocolate Syrup has "Nutrition facts!" printed prominently on the side of the bottle?? O.K. sorry, these are just the things one notices when one is not yet willing nor able to fully embrace one's morning.

Right, so last night got to hang out with the splendid Lu (child of the best friend who was off galavanting with the rich and pretty last night with Chick 2 -- which, now that I'm thinking about it probably isn't the best pseudonym for the lady in question onna counta she's undoubtably so much more than just one of the girls currently keeping my best bud happy so p'raps we will change her name to... "Fancy". Sorry, Ducks, but I don't know you well enough yet to come up with anything more apt so for now, you're "Fancy". Welcome to the show! Where you from...?)

Lu is a very great and we had a fab time and I am uber fortunate to have such great friends producing fantastic offspring that they then (for some unfathomable reason) allow me to steal away. (!!) I'm getting her on Sundee too! (Whoo hoo!)



Other than that not alot going on. Caseworker left a mesage yesterday saying he had more info about my Rosemary (but didn't bother to say what it was, of course) and also that there was maybe a newborn hanging around the offices as well. Now, given my druthers I, of course, would prefer my Rosemary (who is two y.o.) but in the grand scheme of things, if, for some reason I don't get her, I'm not really sure how I feel about the uber-tinies. i mean, I think i'd be o.k. with the raising part (I did manage to not kill or otherwise maim Miss Boo during her formative years) but I'm a teensy bit concerned about the fairly huge gap in age tween the two childrens... Upon further reflection though (and after having a quick chat with Fancy) I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be so bad -- less immediate competition and maybe more of a "getting-to-know-you" period where basically, since the baby just lies around all day, there's less having to immediately figure out what's going on with this person, what's already been hardcoded, and what is still open for interpretation and more just snuggley, screamey, messy diaperery cute-ness.... Dunno. I'd love to hear some thoughts if anyone has any...

well, I spose that's it for now folks. Maybe I'll write more later if my life suddenly gets interesting.

No comments: