Thursday, July 17, 2003

Here's some news... My Caseworker just talked to Rosemary's caseworker and the field of "potential families" wishing to adopt the little angel has been narrowed down to two, me and some other shmoe. Which is great! However, he's still being all feet-draggy about answering general questions and giving more of an indication as to whether or not I'm going to be allowed to see Miss R.'s file... Then there's this other baby, newborn basically, who needs a placement "ASAP" according to the social workers but her biological mom hasn't decided what she wants to do in terms of re-unification so they're (the caseworker peeps) all talking about "concurrent planning" which essentially means that you take the kid and in the event the mom does all the things she's supposed to in terms of showing the state she can care for the child, you release her (the kid) to the mom. Buh-bye. If the mom doesn't fulfill her obligations then you adopt the child. Nice, but I can't do it. I could maybe do it if I didn't have already have a kid but there's no freaking way I'm going to let Miss Boo get attached to this new person only to have her taken away. So... where does that leave us? Not much further than we were before, I'm afraid, but at least it feels like things are moving along, kind of.

No comments: