Monday, August 11, 2003

Gosh, where does the time go??



{yawn!} I'm sooooooo tired right now I cannot even stand it! K. Let's see. quick week-end update: Good. Very fab. Had less time with the kid than I would have liked (she had a fabulous playdate/sleepover on Sat. and a birthday party on Sundee so I got to actually interact with her NOT AT ALL!) but I did get some quality snuggles which, added to the delightful fact that I have her tonight AND I get her all week-end next week-end, suddenly makes it much more workable... Also got to have some quality hang time with the effervescent Lu who continues to be the most fabulous almost two-year-old in existence! We three had a very fun breakfast at this cafe/diner place I like to go to. Let's just say a fair amount of "Sugar Packet poker" was played (I'm not super sure but i think Boo kicked my butt -- toward the end there was a suden shift toward creamer/jelly architecture that may or may not have effected the overall outcome....)

Also on Sundee, got to go see Miss Tail's new swanky-swank aparte-mont in the fabulously historic Cole Valley area where everyone is twenty-eight and nobody thinks they're rich! Suffice to say, her new digs are tres cute and awfully nice and I'm sure she's going to be wonderfully happy there... Yay!

Thanks, BTW, to all my super-dooper wonderful well-wishing friends re: the new job sitch. I'm sure you're all sick of hearing me whine so I'm doubly grateful that your congratulations are taking the form of "Good for you!" instead of "Are you finally going to shut up now??!" Anyway, we wuv! mwah! mwah!

Oh, and one other follow up thing, re: Boo's Best Friend and Lane (aka sociopath-waiting-to-happen).. Some of you may remember I wrote this long diatribe about the little monster and my disbelief re: the "inaction" of BBF's mom vis a vis his continued pounding of BBF... Well, I've since spent a bit more time talking to the mom in question as well as just generally hanging out with their family and while I am still kind of amazed that that sort of event was allowed to occur I have (I think) a better understanding of their particular parenting style (let's just say they seem to have a far greater threshhold of "Let's wait and see how the kid handles it" than I do but I also saw that they -- the mom in particular -- were at the same time fairly supportive, so...) also BBF's mom when I inquired as to what the heck the deal was with "that kid" responded with "Yeah, I know. He's gotten pretty bad. I don't think we're going to let him come over anymore" which (although it is not strictly speaking any of my business) at least gives me the feeling that she's not completely oblivious to her kid's welfare. Ha! She also told me that the Little Sociopath's dad is a cop! Yay!

No comments: