Friday, August 08, 2003

Whoo Hoo!!


I just got a fu*cking kick ass promotion/move here at work!! Technically, it's not more money or anything (yet!) but it is out from under Boss #2 (I'll probably be ordering HER around a bit) and out from the project I was on into a less defined, more "process analysis/director's assistant" role wherein i get to interact mroe broadly with the various departments/managers, work directly with the IT department head and basically create my own job out of a few amorphous tasks... Yeah, buddy!! Whew. There's been tons of budget talk lately and as lowest ranking gal on a "non-essential" team (who also happens to be SUB-contracting to contractors) it wasn't looking so rosy, especially when one considers that I am going to ask for a chunk of time off to begin parenting kid-2... But now... Well, let's just say, I have a proven track record with taking this generalized "we just want things to work" type of position and making myself indispensible so I'm thinking my immediate future is pretty much a fixed thing. Ha! I can't WAIT til they tell Boss #2!! I guarantee you she will flip right out....!

No comments: