Monday, August 25, 2003

I'm baaaaccccckkkkk!


Quick show of hands, who missed me?!! Well, my goodness, I sure am thrilled to be back and posting and all of that! Whew... where to begin...??!




Let's start with a quick shout out to Pretty Boy who is sweet and adorable; who I love like a brother (well, not exactly like a brother. Maybe more like a step-brother... or a cousin... second cousin... eh, hem... anyways) and who I will always value as a contributing member to my life and happiness {sniff. Wipe eye...} and whom I was momentarily annoyed at for seemingly blowing me off but with whom I have since made it completely up with... (did that make sense? Oh, well, you know what I mean.)




Next, much love and "feel better" thoughts go out to my sad, sick, little buddy Q who is dying right now and soooo deserves not to be (again with the playing fast and loose with the English language... Professor Zimmerman at SFSU would be so dissapointed...!) Hope you're doing better and that the life is not so overwhelming as to make it impossible for you to get the rest you need. As always, let me know if I can do anything to help. Kisses!




As far as Boo news goes -- extended week-end with her was FABULOUS -- very sunny and relaxed. Not nearly long enough! First day of school for my great big 1st Grader is today and this morning's drop-off was a bit mixed. Initially we had lots of big girl happy excited-ness (not to mention long, new, pink, ponytails and a fancy new purple back-to-school outfit!) but upon arriving in class and being introduced to our new teacher (who seems very nice -- very focused if you get my drift) we had a classmate of ours, who we knew from Kindergarten mention that our fancy new ponytails looked "crazy" which we took badly and then proceeded to cry. No worries though. Parents were consulted, assurances were made (insulting child was immediately dispatched to the area where "all-who-harm-or-worry-my-kid" are summarily killed -- his mom is young, she can have more...!) and my little trooper went back to the mat to begin her first learning day. All-in-all I thought the whole thing went quite well. CP had some reservations (she had some misgivings about allowing Miss Boo to make decisions which might lead to her being teased, like for instance if she wants long, pink hair; wherein I am quite comfortable with the idea since, truth be told, I'm all OVAH doing whatever you want with your self -- so long as it's age-appropriate -- even if it means there are those in the world who may make fun of you but, being both respectful and supportive, I did take note of CP's concerns and if the teasing/unhappiness continues, am o.k. with Miss Boo returning to her former hairstyle earlier than planned...)

{sigh}My little bub! She's just growing up so fast!

No comments: