Tuesday, August 19, 2003

The Queen is dead! Long live the Queen...!


Quick Quiz - When you hear the term "Blow-out" which is the first thing that pops into your head:

1)Flat tire
2)Par-tee!!!!
3)Hairstyle (as in "using this new instant shampoo will add days to your blowout!"

I was reading this magazine and there was some recipe for "saving your blowout" and I have GOT to say i went looking for party tips!!

{shakes head} I just don't think I'm their target demographic.

Anyways, so {settle back in chair, get cozy}.. I'm as big a fan of the goddess made flesh as anybody and let me JUST state right here and now for the record that if Ms. Jolie showed up on my doorstep tomorrow demanding a spit shine i'd be on my knees before the "Nnnn" met the "I" but, having watched If These walls Could Talk - Part II last night (I know, I know, it takes me a minute to get to things sometimes...!) I am so firmly in the Chloe Sevigny as all that makes life worth living camp that quite seriously, I'm no longer sure who would win out in a "pick one from the jello-filled wrestling pit and commence to making out" type contest were I the judge... And it's not just that she (Chloe) is BEAUTIFUL, it's that she's dressed amazingly!! We're talking silk ties, linen pants, garbadine shirts -- mmmmmmmmmmmm..... Why are girls so beautiful??!! Why are they so completely, decliciously perfect in every way?! See, THIS is why I have to stay away from them! It like an addiction... Where are the AA meetings for recovering Lesbos, that's what I want to know!!

{sigh} I was going to go on and write some more about gay culture and assimilation (there's a mini-raging debate over at NP) but I've lost all my energy... maybe later...

No comments: